Ring stuck on finger

mimi rogers

I know it might sound silly but I have a ring on my finger that I can't remove. I have had it on the same finger for years. Does anyone know is it possible to get the ring cut off and where I would go to get this done? I am concerned that something a lot worse might need to be done in order to get it off. Any info would be much appreciated.

Mimi

Try your local jewellers. They should have a gadjet to cut it off. Failing that, your local A&E

Have you tried to put soap or vaseline or oil on your finger,plus run cold water over the finger to get the skin to pull back as tight as possible.

Mimi Rogers, I had to cut a ring off my finger some years ago. If you can get a file under the ring start filing. It will eventually thin out and you will be able to remove it.

Jewellers are used to dealing with this. One tip is to relax your finger, don't tense it.

I have tried everything yet it won't come off. I am glad to hear that it is possible to get it cut it off. I had thoughts that they might need to remove my finger altogether. Thanks for the info guys.

Mimi

I read somewhere that jewlers have used Preparation H to remove rings. It reduces swelling and supposedly they slide right off.

penang said:
I read somewhere that jewlers have used Preparation H to remove rings. It reduces swelling and supposedly they slide right off.

....jeez.. this is the best laugh I've had all day.... (and there was I thinking that Prep H was used to remove unwanted items from your ring )....

ninsaga
(just to lower the tone of AAM for a minute)