Rights Regarding Flight Changes

Edel V

We're due to fly from Dublin to Los Angeles travelling via Toronto with Air Canada in July. I've just received an e-mail informing me that the 1st leg of the journey has been changed to the day before the day I originally booked and the 2nd leg remains unchanged. This would mean an overnight stay in Toronto which was never part of our plans. I can't contact anybody until Monday and I want to make sure I know what are entitlements are before I speak to somebody. Anybody know what they are?

If you're allowed to cancel your flight and obtain a refund, which I think you are. You should rebook with air transat who, generally are cheaper and are very good.

Try calling AC, I've delt with them before on flight changes and found them very helpful. If you want to talk to them today you coudl always try calling the Canadian number in Toronto.
I wouls not go the route of what mullking is suggesting and going with Air Transat in this case as you need the flight to be all with one carrier in the case of a delay on 1 leg you don't want to get stuck somewhere else!
One option that you might be able to try with them - and I'm not sure if this works - but Air Canada are part of the Star Alliance with several US airlines, perhaps they can book you on one of those? Alternatively, I know your direct flight to toronto was handy but there's always teh option of going via Heathrow and seeing what other direct flights they can offer you.
Good luck!
addob

Back