Rights Issue in CRH - Crest account queries

bbop

Hi

Just looking for some advice here. I have been reading through the prospectus for the rights issue in CRH (I am a shareholder and will be affected but I just read the info on their site). My question is as follows:

It seems that the procedure for participating in the rights issue is different depending on whether you hold your shares in certificate form or in CREST. I hold my shares in CREST through a broker (Sharewatch), so I recieve all correspondence directly and Sharewatch don't have my holding in a nominee account.

So just wondering what I need to do to participate. I have not yet checked the correspondence (if any) I have recieved from CRH or what forms need to be filled out

bbop..i am also a sharewatch client and have taken part in a number of rights issues.

sharewatch will write to you about this instructing you what to do.

basically they will tell you how many rights you have and how much money you need to pay to take these rights up.

you transfer the cash and thats it. They do the rest through crest.

Smiley,
My CRH shares are in share cert form & I got post today on the rights issue, which I haven't fully read. If I dont fork out the E1k to take up the shares provisionally alloted to me what are the consequences? Does this effectively mean I have to pay E1k to retain the "value" of my current holding?

Back