Riga

dangerhere

Anyone been there? Planning a social club trip there in October but are hearing conflicting reports about the place.

Was there myself a year or two ago with the girlfriend and we found it to be OK. Have heard a few horror stories from groups of lads that have been over, but can't say we witnessed anything out of the ordinary. One of the nightclubs we were in looked very ropey but again we didn't get any hassle.

As a place, it's pretty small and there wasn't an awful lot to I found. The old town is very picturesque with lots of small bars and restaurants and virtually no closing time. I enjoyed it but wouldn't go back.

Stayed in the Radi and Draugi (i think that's the name) which was perfect location wise and facilities were fine too.

I was there last February for 3 days with 8 other girls and we stayed in Hotel Riga which was a perfect location in the middle of the city just off the main square, and not expensive. We had a great time, the irish bar we were in wasn't great but the local bars were great fun.

Food (and local beer) was lovely and cheap (compared to here!). There was a bit of sightseeing but not a huge amount, I'd say 3 days would be plenty, and there was a lovely open air ice skating rink which was only 75c per hour !!

I really liked it. We stayed in Radi un Dragi too at €76 per night for a junior suite including breakfast. There are great shops and bars but we didn't spend enough time to check out everything.