Riding/Trekking Wicklow

Vanilla

Where is a nice place in Wicklow? I remember a few years back when living in Dublin I used to go riding in a lovely place in Wicklow but can't remember the name. I remember it had fantastic views overlooking the city at dusk...not much help, I suppose. Anywhere with a good trek?

Have a look at this web site [broken link removed] never been there myself but have a friend who has been and recommends it.

Thanks Nad. Don't think it's the one I used to go to but looks like it could be nice.

Vanilla,

What about Devils Glen in Ashford, they have lovely houses for a weekend of trekking etc. Or Bel-air also in Wicklow but the best I have ever been to is Flowerhill in Portumna great if your into cross country but equally as good for trekking. Staff were brilliant and they used to do midnight treks with lamps great fun.

Ah, Bel Air- pretty sure that was the one- thanks Mers1. But the midnight trek sounds great though! I will have to try it sometime.

The big question is what the hell you are doing out of Kerry? Are ye up for the match?

So we can expect the "Oh there's nothing around Dublin to match Kerry for walks/ Trekking" thread in a few weeks.