Ridge Hall, Ballybrack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Cracker.
I have gone down to the development myself and freely wandered around the unfinished apartments. The foreman down there is very nice so if i were you id go down during the day and see if he will show you around. All kitchens have a space for an integrated washing machine and diswasher.

Hi everyone,
I have bought in the willow just wondering if anyone else has bought there and how is it goin? Again just wondering if anyone has asked about a partition between the apartments? It just seems a bit silly not having them up already for security reasons!

Thanks a mill.

Hi, I've noticed that the apartments in the Willow have dividers in already between the balcony's. Well the ones on the second floor do. And story about show apartment being flooded is slighty unture!!!

I'd advise doing a very thorough snag, like checking walls are straight (especially in bathroom) in order to get shower door fitted etc!! Check that there are ample vents in the bedrooms, showers have been sealed, shower head replaced (they have been in all of phase 2) etc

If you look at any new development there are similiar blogs!! Just get the builders to do anything you need before they're gone.

I have been told that the completion dates are to be in Sept. I'd say that's quite ambitious.

M

I have bought one of the three beds from the first phase with my partner and we are very happy. There were some intial issues after the snag list that we needed fixed and it did take a while to sort out, but as the builders are still on-site it was easy to get a hold of them. A friend of mine has also bought a single bed apartment and she is happy also. Its very handy being close to the Dart and the sea. Killiney shopping centre and Ballybrack Tesco aren't too far away either.

I heard there were plans for a medical centre but does anyone know if the coffee shop is going ahead?

Residents/buyers in Ridge Hall may want to register their development at

a more suitable forum for some of the issues being discussed in this thread.

Hello,
I have been reading the posts over the past month or so while going through the process of purchasing one of the two bedrooms in the Redwood Block, now with all that well underway I guess it's time for my own post regarding the management company that's running the place and what they're like, or is it still too early to tell?
Also I can't seem to get a strait answer on whether or not there's a dishwasher space in the apartment we've bought! Does anyone know that?
Thanks!

Hi all,

Does anybody know what the name of the mangement company and if anyone has a number or email address for them I would be grateful if anyone could let me know

Thanks a mill

Hi JOJOC
The management company is Abacus Property Management. Ph 4952938. Has anyone noticed that all of the bins are constantly overflowing with rubbish. I know people are moving in and will have excess rubbish for a while but the management company should be dealing with this. I've already called them about it.

hi just got my keys for my apartment in the 1st block,sycamore.I was on to the management company in relation to getting a second fob for the electric gates(which is €100 by the way)and i asked about visitor parking and was told there is none and as far as she was aware that there is no plans for any.also no extra spaces even to be bought.... this couldnt be the case could it????

Hi Molly 271

I was told, when placing a booking deposit, that there would be ample visitor car parking spaces available! At the time they were not too sure where they would be until all residents got sorted first! Also, though I did hear that there was a problem in getting the planning permission for the medical centre and that the "old house" was no going to be apartments too so this might be taking the extra car spaces???

Passed these apartments yesterday and I have to say they looked like one of the nicer developments that I've seen lately. The old house looks like it's being worked on at the moment I don't know what they're going to do with it but I'd guess that it's being split up into apartments given the fact that it's so close to some of the newer blocks. I can't see anyone shelling out massive money for a big 'country' style house with a load of apartments in the garden.
Two of the gaffs in one of the older blocks are for sale at the moment they are both on the first floor and very near the main road maybe this is why they're selling?

hi cracker, i hope this is not the storey they would have to have some visitor parking!!! where is this medical center i keep hearing about ment to be built??

The old house is supposed to be the medical centre. However, access is to be through an enclosed walk way from Ballybrack Village into the medical centre. No access to the centre is to be allowed through the apartment block car park. However, not sure whether the casr park area will be closed off or inaccessible from those entering the medical centre. The beautiful front entrance to the house would only be a fire exit and not accessible to the public.

hi cracker,
dont really like the sound of that it all sounds a bit weird and like its going to cause problems also that house looks really out of place up there.anyway any idea what the builders are like to get loose ends tied up in the apartments???

Let me put all your minds at ease. I have just moved into Ridge Hall and I can tell you its really really nice. At night it is very quiet and only 5/6 euro in a taxi down to Dalkey which has some lovely pubs and club. There is a lot of work going on locally and they are knocking down some of the "kips" in the area. It is a secure area and there is a security gaurd there from Thurs-Sunday.

Hi everyone,
I am still waiting to move in. There is a plumbing problem with the my apartment. Has anyone else had plumbing problems in the complex? Was the builder and good at sorting it out?
Thanks

Does anyone know what the story is with the parking spaces immediately on the right-hand side as you drive into the complex (approx 10 in total). I was told that these were communal spaces and have parked there occasionally. I recently parked my car there and got a note from a resident stating that they were an owner/occupier (as I am), that the spaces cost 5K (I have purchased one too) and not to park in that spot in future. Fair enough if they were designated a space in this particular area but I thought all purchased spaces were numbered in the underground space through the archway??

Status
Not open for further replies.