Ridge Hall, Ballybrack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anam

Hi
Just put a booking deposit on a 2-bed apartment in this development. Anyone else bought there or already moved in?
The complex seems small enough, nice setting with mature trees etc. Close to DART and Killiney.
However, also close to some dodgy looking houses with boarded up windows on Wyatville road?
Also read recently that builder has applied for planning permission to build medical consulting rooms and cafe as part of the development. Would this be a problem for residents? Parking might be pretty tight??
Any feedback on Ballybrack in general, not from the area??
Thanks

I grew up quite near there and like most places it has its good and bad!The houses on Wyatville are currently being knocked down and are due to be re-developed - I suggest maybe going down to Dunlaoghaire Rathdown Co Co and looking at the plans for the area. When these are gone, it will certainly bring up the value of the properties in the area - they seem to be the thing that puts most people off. Location wise it is pretty handy - close to M50/Dart etc etc so It could be a good buy.

anam said:
Hi
Just put a booking deposit on a 2-bed apartment in this development. Anyone else bought there or already moved in?
The complex seems small enough, nice setting with mature trees etc. Close to DART and Killiney.
However, also close to some dodgy looking houses with boarded up windows on Wyatville road?
Also read recently that builder has applied for planning permission to build medical consulting rooms and cafe as part of the development. Would this be a problem for residents? Parking might be pretty tight??
Any feedback on Ballybrack in general, not from the area??
Thanks
As a life long resident in Ballybrack in general is okay. There are plenty of nice people around. Mace is a great place to shop as the staff are very nice, and there is plenty of hot food available if you get there quick Once you enter in, you'll be surprised at the clever use of space. Regarding a cafe. Well a cafe is badly needed in the area, and its been talked about for years.

hi i am also thinking of buying in ridge hall i cant seem to find much info oo it either,only a friend of mine lives there and she has assured me its a nice place it did have a bad name years ago but much quiter now.ridge hall seems like a lovely appartment block and the surrounding village has had alot of work done to it to upgrade it. i think we could do alot worse buying out there hopefully we will be neighbours!!!!1

hi i am also thinking of buying in ridge hall i cant seem to find much info oo it either,only a friend of mine lives there and she has assured me its a nice place it did have a bad name years ago but much quiter now.ridge hall seems like a lovely appartment block and the surrounding village has had alot of work done to it to upgrade it. i think we could do alot worse buying out there hopefully we will be neighbours!!!!1

hi i am also thinking of buying in ridge hall i cant seem to find much info oo it either,only a friend of mine lives there and she has assured me its a nice place it did have a bad name years ago but much quiter now.ridge hall seems like a lovely appartment block and the surrounding village has had alot of work done to it to upgrade it. i think we could do alot worse buying out there hopefully we will be neighbours!!!!

Hi Molly271, Finally someone else interested in this development!!
We have bought a duplex there and hopefully closing this week. Are you thinking of buying in the new phase? They are getting ready to launch it very soon. They are also starting to landscape the grounds now which will hopefully look well with all the trees.There is a pretty good finish on the units and (so far) I've found the builder fairly decent to deal with. If you havent bought there yet and have other questions, I'll try to answer them if I can. There isnt much info about the development alright, but I think we'll hear more about it when new phase launched.

hi there sorry i never replied before now very busy time as i am sure you know,everything is going ahead and hopefully we'll be in there witin 6 weeks???(i wont hold my breath)we are buying in the first phase,sycamore block.getting very excited now.how are you finding things??

hi there - i live in ridge hall and so far it has been ups and downs, mainly due to the "builder", its like pullung teeth getting them to do anything but hopefully it will all iron itself out. the neighbourhood can be a bit rough too and there have been problems with locals throwing stones at the windows and breaking into cars so hopefully the developer will install some sort of camera system in the future. apart from all that, its a good place to live, right beside the dart and the m50 although getting the 7 or 7N from town can be a world tour.

We have just got our keys. Havent moved in yet. A little concerned about what you're saying about builder and break-ins. I found the builder to be quite accommodating, but I guess that was when he was waiting for us to give him his money!
We have had some problems with our extractor fans in kitchen and ensuite. Kitchen one still not sorted. Could you specify the problems you've had with him so I can be fore-warned! We also noticed the broken window, seems to be in the apartments facing into the council estate. Were the cars that were broken into, those parked in the underground area? Whats the sound insulation like in the place?
Have you seen more 2 bed + study apartments being released today starting at 475K, thats 100K more expensive than the last phase??!! Not sure if anyone would pay that if theres break-ins involved. Sorry for all the questions!! Hope to move in in next few weeks!

Hi Anam, Where to start! Well, since I moved in, the project has gone through 3 foremen so getting work done was next to impossible. The amount of times that I received an assurance from the builder that they would be around do fix something and then never turn up defies belief. This has been the situation since I moved in but the newest foreman seems to be pretty good. The builder seemed fine to me too until i started trying to get stuff done. From talking to other residents, they seem to be getting pretty pissed off with the builder as well. For example, i dont know what clown they got to decide what fittings to use but he obviously ran out of money at the end. the shower fitting that the used for the main bathroom is one of the ones that screw onto the top of the taps and can be bought in B&Q for a fiver! One of the residents decided to change it and bought a new one that wasnt a fiver and of course the one that was installed already came from Mongolia and so no shower head matches the holes that they drilled through the porcelain tiles so he has to live with two holes in the tiles...but he has a more attractive shower head! The toilet seat is made out of plastic that is 1mm thick, the lighting is woeful cos the light fitting wont accept a brighter bulb. Another fella had his apartment flooded after the pipes in the bathroom burst. Some of the people upstairs were having work done on the roof cos it was moving and making noise in the wind or something.Another resident who bought the show apt had her place flooded cos the washing machine went mental. i know that some cars have been broken into in the basement carpark cos it looks like they didnt fit railings at the wall at the back so people can climb over the wall from the council estate at the back, hopefully this is something that they are going to look at. Thats kinda a summary of what i heard just from chatting with people. There seems to be an air of frustration in the place and everytime you get talking to someone in the place, it normally starts with "so what issues did you have with albion?". hopefully this helps you a bit....maybe they will have all the kinks ironed out by the time you move in, otherwise you will be spending a lot of time on the phone with someone from Albion called Nas!

Hi Anyone know much about the Second phase in Ridgehall Ballybrack,the Ash block?We're about to put down a deposit and would just be interested on people's opinions already living there. I saw the damage the knackers did. The chicken wire has been replaced with railings but it is still really easy to get over the wall. I also saw the housing behind with borded up windows- that is a big deterent.H&Mc it was going to be demolised but some of them look fairly new. Thanks

Hi everyone! I have just bought in the complex still waiting to move in! Is anyone else sharing their balcony? If yes could you put a divider up for security purposes? Im a little concerned about everything that has gone wrong with so many apartments! Is anyone else having major trouble with the apartments? Please let me know?

Hi Jojoc
Have bought there too. Was out there yesterday and was talking to foreman. He was mentioning about putting partitions between balconies with another guy, not sure where you bought, think he was talking about apartments in the willow? You should definately push to get a partition, the foreman is pretty accommodating. I guess all new complexes will have teething problems. They are landscaping the grounds at the moment and I think the place is looking great. Got a sneak preview at the penthouse apartment, its amazing, if only I had 1 million to spare! According to the foreman the car that was broken into was sitting idle for afew months?? Dermot, the finishing foreman is very helpful and if theres any problems, they are on site to help (I hope!) Best of luck!

Panama Jack
Thanks for all the feedback, abit worrying alright, I have to say though, I find the foremen pretty good. We've had afew problems with leaks outside dropping down onto our front door and they fixed them pretty quickly. I have heard that the porcelain tiles they have put in the bathrooms are very difficult to drill into, I also intend on changing that cheapo shower head, thanks for the warning about that. I see there has been another window broken near the crossroads which is disappointing. We have yet to get our stairwells cleaned, they are filthy which is very annoying. Hope things have settled down abit. All the best

I bought in the first phase of Ridge Hall and i must confess this is a great little development which is improving daily. It is close to the Dart and M50 and just as long as it is outside the infamous dublin rush hour town it is only 30 mins away. we found that the builder was very attentive (and still is) and the management company is keeping everything clean and tidy (there were issues) all in all we are delighted with the development and the space around it, we had looked around cherrywood et al but could find no where with this much privacy and gardens and true to his word the builder is doing a fantastic job of the landscaping. I have checked with the Builder and there is no parking for the medical centre as entry will be through the shop units in a link therefore protecting our privacy and indeed our parking.

Hi, I have just purchased a 1 bed in Ridge Hall. The brochure said "fully fitted kitchen as per show unit" so i was very disappointed to findout that this does not include appliances. Also i hear the bathroom floor comes untiled. Does anyone living in ridge hall have any advice on where they sourced cheap appliances? ALso any recommendations on tilers and someone to lay a wooden floor? Also is there anything else i should watch out for?

Hi all

I too have put a booking deposit on a 2 bed in Ridge Hall. Went down there yesterday to check the exact location of my car parking space and is no where near where they said it would be! Also the apartmetn that I thought was the one I had the deposit on was not it at all! The estate agent had showed me a completly different apartment! Asked could I see the one I had put deposit on and estate agent said no that it was still a building site and too dangerous!!! The builders solicitors are putting pressure on me to sign the contract on an apartment that I havent actually seen yet. Also I was told that the apt would be ready for snagging on 21 July, I'm now being told the middle of September! Does anyone know when there might a completion date on this new development? Also, does anyone know if a washer/dryer can be installed in these units?

Thank you

Hi all,

I have also just put down a deposit on a 2-bed in Ridgehall (Redwood Block) Im happy with the apartment although kitchen space does seem a bit small. Its still a bit of a building site and the bedroom balcony faces on to the Old house in the middle and building behind that so not sure how that'll feel when building is complete. The living area of the apartment is facing on to the council estate (Redwood block) but hopefully I won't have too much trouble! Are the break ins still going on???Does anyone have any insight into these particular apartments??? Am i making a bad choice? These are E435 and I cant really stretch to E450 for the 2 beds that back on to the courtyard as opposed another building! I really like the area and am a big swimmer so the fact that Killiney beach is so near is a real incentive for me to buy there.

Any thoughts people???

Thanks a mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back