Ride On Mower- Yardman-any good?

money man

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has puchased one of these ride-on mowers. the 20 hp one. think it has a 300 ltr bag. seems to be a well built machine. But i have only recently heard of it and have only ever used castlegarden with a honda engine which i find pretty good. The castlegarden i think 16.5hp are pretty good but very expensive ..about 3500 where as i think the yardman can be got for less than 3k? Anyone sell them,use them? hire them? had any good/bad experience of using them. Or recommend another brand.?

Hello Money Man,
They are average quality as far as i recall. A friend bought one a while ago. Just make sure it has an aluminium deck and that the bag collection assembly and controls are sturdy and you should be ok. briggs and stratton or honda engines are the ones to choose when buying a lawnmower

There are many previous threads on ride-on-mowers. You may get some advice from those although not sure if they contain any mention of Yardman.

Hi there is a private guy outside Ennis importing container loads from US and selling massive ride-on lm's.

My bro bought one off him and is delighted with it and he has a field of a lawn & cuts my mother's and sister's lawns while he is at it!! It's typical american looking, beer holder and big grass collector thingy. Don't think he paid anything like the prices you are quoting....

PM me if you want me to find out the details ...

BRgds

I bought an American import - a "Craftsman" 18.5 HP - 42" cut - and it is a very good machine.

Beware though - they cost less that $1000 in the States but are being sold for around €2,500 here.

Regardless of where you buy the lawnmower make sure that you can get parts and get the lawnmower serviced locally imo.