Ride on mower - Time to buy?

Stevo2006

Hi all,

With it coming into the "slow" season in garden centres etc. i was wondering if now is the right time to buy a ride on mower? I'm sure they don't sell many of these at this time so logic would tell me that there could be some deals to be had out there.

Am i right in thinking this way and if so, does anyone have any idea as to what kind of reduction could be negotiated?

Cheers.

We bought one before Christmas a few years ago. The shops don't tend to have many in stock which is a bit of a problem but we were offered models that would be changing next year..
Ring around , I definitely got a couple of hundred off without getting too intense about it.
Also a lot of them are built in the same factory so can look very similar.
We were told the best would be ones with Honda engines as they simply outlast everything else. The honda was also considered a lot quiter the the usual Briggs and Stratton engines. But if you treat any of them right they should last a long time.

I mow approx 1 acre per week with a 4 year old 42" cut jonstenred it has a b&s engine it works fine, bought it new it takes a little over the hour to cut and uses about a gallon of petrol, it has automatic drive which is a must if you buy one of any make,thies would not be the most expensive about €3500 I'm sure I saw one for, The last mower I had was a very expensive simplicity the gearbox always gave trouble and it kept breaking belts eventually the engine blew, the viking or the huskinavara would be middle of the road ones I'd say, I assume Honda or kabota would be the best, but very expensive, O if you find one that suits offer them a cupola hundred less , I was in jewelers last week collecting bracelets that were being repaired for Mrs and son wanted to buy gold chain costing 625 I said to proprietor that he would let that off for 500 at this time of year, He hummed and hawed but done the deal. Cant beat a neck, First Christmas pressie, Happy hunting, Nothing ventured Nothing gained .

Impulse buy of €500 while on another errand - nNo wonder you're skint (if that's what your username implies)!