Riddle

foxylady

3 MEN GO INTO A MOTEL. THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK SAID THE ROOM IS £30 -
SO EACH MAN PAID £10 AND WENT TO THE ROOM.

A WHILE LATER THE MAN BEHIND THE DESK REALIZED THE ROOM WAS ONLY
£25 SO HE SENT THE BELLBOY TO THE 3 GUYS' ROOM WITH £5.

ON THE WAY THE BELLBOY COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO SPLIT £5 EVENLY BETWEEN 3 MEN, SO HE GAVE EACH MAN A £1 AND KEPT THE OTHER £2 FOR HIMSELF.

THIS MEANT THAT THE 3 MEN EACH PAID £9 FOR THE ROOM, WHICH IS A TOTAL OF £27, ADD THE £2 THAT THE BELLBOY KEPT = £29.

WHERE IS THE OTHER POUND?

This is an oldie.

The men paid £25 for the room - not £27 as stated in the last line. The extra £2 to make £27 is the £2 given to the bell boy - which is £9 per man.

God I'm thick...I can't even understand the solution let alone figure out the problem

efm you are not alone....I don't understand the solution either!! And I shouldn't say it but I have had this riddle explained to me before...and in the end had to pretend I understood so the poor person explaining it to me would stop!

The Men paid £30

They should have recieved £5 in change.

Which means that they paid £25 for the room.

The bellboy kept £2 cos he is a naughty scamp, so you add that to the £25 they paid for the room to make £27.

That leaves £3 in change, which is split evenly among the men.

Now we only have to figure out why three men want to share the same motel room, that is the real puzzle!

The men actually paid £8.333 each for the room which adds up to €25. The £30 is composed of:

£8.333 x3 £25
£1 returned x3 £3
£2 retained by bellboy £2
Total £30