Richmond Hall Dublin 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlb

Hi Guys,

About a week ago or so I put down a deposit for a 2 bed apartment in Richmond Hall ,Richmond Road, Fairview D.3 . Slept out all night etc !.

Big time chuffed with myself...For lasting the night...and also with the apartment. I mean, I think I got a good deal...please correct me if you guys think otherwise. I paid €405 for the works and I mean the works.

I am not going to be living in it myself...as I am moving to London after completion of the apartment. Is it a good area to rent?...as I am a first time buyer and I have no experience in the "rental market "

As always any info , thoughts or ideas would be very much appreciated OR any body who has property around there !.

Thanks a mil guys,

Carlb

I assume you are paying stamp duty as an investor and not trying to avail of FTB relief?

Rental income will be subject to a with holding tax of 20% (if I'm not mistaken) if you are resident outside ROI.

Area not sure of, but as it is close to to Town think it should be good, but a little too close to Summerhill for my liking.

Bricktop I think the poster asked for an opinion on the rental possibilities in the area not a lecture on stamp duty/tax liabilities!!! Whats the problem with Summerhill? Its also close to Clontarf, the beautiful coastline, Drumcondra, Croke Park, the city centre and other great ammenities!

Carlb - its a great area and you should have no problem at all renting out there! Best of luck. Congratulations on your purchase and if you make some profit on it (after your various liabilities ;) ) enjoy!

A great area to live with Fairview park being a greatly underestimated asset, lived in and around there for a number of years.

However the lecture on your tax liabilities is well justified. You also need to register with the PTRB, as failing to do so can result in a 3 year prison sentance. As a first time landlord moving to London I would imagine this is the least of your concerns and you've probably stuck it on the long finger. However doing so leaves yourself very exposed.

Treat your tenants well and professionally and they'll take care of your (400K) property. Treat them poorly and and you'll come back to a sh!thole, certainly not worth 400K.

Er Lauren, I don't think that is a lecture. If I'm not mistaken this a forum for help \ advice. The poster may or may not be aware of their liabilities in relation to stamp duty or may have been given suspect advice along the lines of "ah sure everyone is doing it.... blah blah"

Summerhill is not in my opinion one of the safest areas on the NS. My opinion and I'm entitled to it being from near the area originally.

Carl pretty good buy, abit of a mixed area at present but Richmond Road seems to be up and coming I think, great location as far as town is concerned, Richmond Road it self bit of a nightmare as far as traffic in rush hour but can easy walk to town or get buses at Fairview etc.
Looked at apartment there ourselves but it still abit industrial for my liking to live in but good investment ,they were also were charging 10K for a parking space which I think is a Joke!

carl is your apartment the one with the glass around balcony on top floor on front of the building? went by there last night on way to tolka park.nice apartment,i'd say you will rent no prob,relatively close to ifsc etc.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the mail ...yeah its those ones there ,except mine one is southfacing and looking out onto croke park and over the tolka (i know the tolka ! ). ...it has the glass balcony etc..130sq not bad !!!..sitting out in the sun and getting that great smell form the tolka !!!

ahh fingers crossed i'll rent it..cheers for the mail !

kind regards

carlb

Location, Location, Location is for discussion on the location and not the ins and outs of stamp duty, rent-a-room etc.

If anyone wants to go into the tax impacts of this deal, please start a new thread in Mortgages and Home Buying or Property Investment. Nothing much in this thread has much to do with the location.

Carl,

Richmond Road is nice but if I were you, I would definitely consider the IFSC itself as an option. However, prices are slightly more expensive there.

Budapest

Hi Budapest,

Thanks for the reply...The thing is i did check around the IFSC and had a look at 2 apts. Which i must say were very nice..so i put in an offer and within a week i was out of my dept..i.e bidding !..So i figure buy this one in Richmond RD...its the 1st phase and theres 3 more phases left. I am hoping that by the final phase it might have gone up in value a few hundred Euro ?

And the thing is its a great place Fairview ..so i'll always have a bit of rent..would i be mad in asking for €1050 - €1100 pm ?.

I think your right though about the stamp duty etc..you guys know your stuff !

cheers Budapest:)

carl

This thread re-opened at the request of a new poster who wishes to discuss Richmond Hall. Please stick to the topic this time :) .

Thanks CCOVICH!

I'm based outside Dublin at the moment, but I'm looking to move back. I just put a deposit down in Richmond Hall on one of the 3 beds, but housing being what it is (and with the Munster match on!) I haven't had a chance to call out to view the area yet.

I bought off plans (up on [broken link removed]) and will be heading up this weekend to have a look. I had a friend check it out for me though and they replied:

Site is much tighter than it looks on plans. Your apartment will be directly across the road from Annesley Motors - the car dealership. I think the brochure gives a very misleading impression of the expanse of the road frontage - the road is quite narrow and close to the buildings.

Any thoughts/comments? Or any views on the neighboring Riverview apts?

That car dealership is closed and if I remember correctly is actually being built on as part of the development.

The road is narrow and is used for parking during events at Croke Park. As said previously, traffic is quite heavy on this road especially at rush hours.

Hi myself and my other half have bought an apartment here also and I'm a dub and i think its a great loacation. I understand what you mean about the site looking much tighter dubby but i think all plans are like this when you but from them. We drove by there recently and most of it is up now and they have started to put the roofs on and start work on block 5. You can actually see into the grounds now and granted it does look tight but i think the apartment themselves are quiet big (unless you buy in the second phase they are smaller than the first).

just bumping up this thread - has anyone heard anything more on these apartments

Hey Ellemond,

I gave Sherry a call there last week , they said my apt' is finished "on time"..and that they are waithing for ESB and the Water board to get and do there stuff. Sherry said i will be getting a call first week in OCT to do the snag list and in the apt by NOV !.

There looking great ..maybe you should give them a call.
Let me know what they say ..just to see if there consistent with what they say !

cheers mate,

carlb

There is a forum on

Location, Location, Location is not the place to discuss completion dates etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back