Rhebogue, Limerick. Is it safe?

P

plastic5

Relocating to Limerick and property seems cheaper in Rhebogue, its near the Parkway where I'll be working but I'm hearing a lot of negative things from one or two people... Anti-social behaviour etc.. They tell me I should move to castletroy, but property is more expensive there. Can anyone tell me is Rhebogue as bas as they say? I know Limerick gets lots of bad press and the majority of it is unwarranted. Have been there quite a bit and I love the city, but just want to live somewhere safe... Thanks

I live in Limerick I would prefer Corbally which is next to Rhebouge. It's very near the Parkway and is walking distance from the city along the canal. Rhebouge is grand I would prefer it to Castletroy which is built up and too far out of town for me.

HI Plastic5 Castletroy is full of students unless you buy in monaleen which is more residential but expensive . Corbally is nice but traffic is very heavy at peak times. rhebogue is nice . As with most places there is a lot of kids around but i have never heard anything bad about it. try going there at different times in the day and at weekends to gauge the area

Rhebogue isn't gangland by any means, but there is ahalting site behind one of the estates (anglers walk). drominbeg is quite a big estate and houses will be cheaper there, and I haven't heard anything bad about the place it just seems very sparse there.
The castletroy - students thing shouldn't put you off, because generally students are located around the university, in allocated student accom., or around the briarfield area.
Look at Bloomfield and newtown in Annacotty, anywhere in monaleen (more expensive though), and Caislean na hAbhann in castletroy. All good estates, no students, no social housing (that I know of at least) and still all a handy drive to the Parkway.

Back