Rewiring 3 bed house?

P

patrick

Any idea how much to rewire 3 bedroom end terrace house?
any suggestions for reasonable priced electrician to do this job?
Thanks Patrick

Hello Patrick,

I would imagine it depends on where you are in the country and also what type of fittings you want included. I know an excellent electrician who has done alot of work for me an my friends and he charges in and around the 3k mark. Also, he's not the type who just wants to take the easy way out. Will always offer advice on fittings, placements and overall look etc..

3 bed old cottage in County Dublin cost us 3k last year. This was a relation so we knew we were not being ripped off. TIP: Cover all your furniture in plastic sheets (get them in any hardware store).

Im in North Dublin.Close to dcu.Would you have that electricians details?
Thanks Patrick

So is Max a carpenter or an electrician? Seem to be recommending him for all manner of jobs...

This really depends on the way hte wiring was already, ie if there has been layers of plaster caked over the existing cables then the work will be alot mor expensive then if cables can be lowered from roof/ceiling through cavities.

Buy the materials yourself and pay a Sparky for the labour should work out cheaper get somebody who comes recommended by family or friends
Good Luck ;)

A rare commodity these days. Just checking, as there's been folk on here before plugging their own services.

Hi Touch Wood,

As Leo mentions above you have recommended Max for many different jobs to-day on AAM some of which include carpentry, electrics and plumbing.

Whilst we appreciate your helpful posts I'm sure you will understand that must be adhered to.

Thanks,

Sueellen.

Hi Touch Wood,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure you will appreciate we get a lot of spamming/advertising on AAM and therefore have to be cautious.

Sueellen.

Back