Revolving Circle and White Screen On Monitor

Lex Foutish

When I go on to certain sites and I left click, a small revolving circle appers and the screen freezes. When I then left click again, the screen almost fades, goes feint and bright. It happens especially when I go onto boards.ie (which I shouldn't do, of course, if I was a loyal member of AAA!).

My operating system is Windows Vista Home Premium.

Can anyone explain why this is so and how the problem can be fixed?

I did some googling. It appears to be a fairly common problem but nobody seems to have a solution.

I have no solution to this, but the same thing happens with my laptop, also running Windows Vista Home Premium. Your description is very clear. When I look to the top of the screen it says ".....Internet Explorere provided by Dell (Not Responding)". It lasts for a few seconds then resumes as normal.
It seems to happen almost every time I return to the machine after a period of time when the screen saver has been running. Bloody annoying.

I seem to remember it did not happen so often before I installed Skype a few weeks ago. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Thanks, Slash. And mine returns after a while also. Extremely annoying, like you said. And this is a Dell also.

And we installed Skype onto this PC also before the problem started also. I'll try to remove it later and see what happens.

Has anyone else had/dealt with this problem?

you're not just missing Java/Flash etc are you ?