Revolut top-up from Revolut savings account

Jordan Belfort

I'm thinking of setting Revolut savings. I hear lots of issue with fraudulent transactions on credit cards so I currently only keep a couple hundred in the account.

Just wondering is I setup a savings account can the money in there be automatically 'pulled' to fund credit card transactions ?
I think the Revolut app is reasonably safe but would be very concerned if big transactions on my Revolut CC allowed the current account to be automatically topped up from savings account.

Good question, I wonder the ans.

Perhaps this is your method, but the advice is not to link your revolut app to any account which has savings or where your wages are paid.

Its better to use your pillar bank app to 'push' or transfer money to Revolut, rather than Revolut 'pulling' money in.

Keep a 'firewall' between them!.

Good question, I wonder the ans.

Perhaps this is your method, but the advice is not to link your revolut app to any account which has savings or where your wages are paid.

Its better to use your pillar bank app to 'push' or transfer money to Revolut, rather than Revolut 'pulling' money in.

Keep a 'firewall' between them!.
Agreed, the problem is on android Revolut automatically links to google pay and so in theory if somebody got control on the app it could top up from pillar bank CC via GPAY :-(

It seems Revolut will not automatically move form 'savings' to the card so that prevents the savings getting accessed if card details fraudulently used. This keeps savings safe from card details compromised

Then last week they added another optional layer of security in the app, a live selfie, to approve moving from savings to current/card account. I think this greatly reduces risks to savings if app/phone is compromised.

Anyone with savings should consider turning on this feature

Back