Revolut - Fraudulent Transactions

It sounds like a nonsense headline. My interpretation from that brief article is that Irish adults are better at identifying phishing, so more of them said they'd experienced an attempt. I'd be very surprised if there's anyone anywhere who isn't regularly receiving phishing attempts.

Every phishing attempt I've received via a text message in the last 6 months (and I checked my messages before I typed this) has a link to a Https website. You can no longer assume that such a site is secure.

In terms of downloading rogue certs, totally agree with what you are saying but all the fraudsters need is one moron out of a hundred to do so and they are in business. A lot of people don't understand, read or assess these messages. Same kind of people who write PIN numbers on bits of paper and leave it in their wallet.

Agree with the phishing issues. It's a major problem. But it doesn't matter whether you're on a public WiFi or sitting at home. You need to do your own examination of the link to see whether it's the actual bank website or a spoofed one with a slightly different name.
I'm not saying that https means that the site is secure. I'm just saying it prevents man in the middle attacks, which was traditionally a major concern on public WiFi.