Revoked AIB credit card in 2013

Edenbridge14

Hi folks - looking for advice here
A credit card from AIB was ran up by my now Ex husband.
Balance was 7,000. - Missed a few payments as it was height of recession and hubby out of work etc, i'm managing everything on my own and most important thing for me was to keep the mortgage paid etc
Anyhow moving on, when me and hubby separated in 2014 - i still have this credit card bill ironically which re ran up.
When going through a separation - you'd do anything for peace - due to his non working and his older age he couldn't get any credit in his own name

Im receiving no maintenance from hubby as he's 61 at this stage and no work.
Im keeping the mortgage going and the 2 kids age 14 & 11 at the time.
So after being in contact with AIB, I agreed for them to cancel the card and pay 50 a month. The balance was approx 7,000
2 years ago I then agreed to pay 75 a month. I haven't missed a payment in the 7 years since this card was revoked and the account was closed
Current balance is 2,000

Now heres the stickler - applying for a new mortgage with new partner now in 2020
I have a mortage of 68,000 on current home and never missed a payment but mortgage company are making a big deal about this card

All my bills are always paid and this credit card is showing as revoked with an outstanding balance of 2,000 which i am continuing to pay - the main reason i haven't paid it in full is due to this debt being used as leverage in my divorce settlement - still waiting on court date.......

I'm trying to 'fix' this - what should i do or any advice in applying for mortgage

Considering it was revoked in 2013, why is it still showing in 2020 ?

I would appreciate any advice on this

Many thanks

Edenbridge

I would say if it's causing an issue with the new mortgage it would be worth it to pay it off. But I don't understand how it's used as leverage for this long.

Back