Reverse Osmosis and UV Filters

Happy_Harry

The company that installed my water pump and softener installation (from a well) suggested I could do with a reverse osmosis filter below the sink to filter the added sodium (from the softener) out of my drinking water.
I also asked about a UV filter to feel more confident about having no bacterias in my water ( Loads of cows around me). He could of course sort that too for me.
He is quoting 800 euro for the RO filter AND 800 euro for the UV filter.

This sounds a bit too expensive to me, especially since I can find them on the web for 300 and 200 euro respectively.
Any thoughts , any recommendations of people who can install this as well and charge less than 100 euro/hr :)) ?

That is daylight robbery, esp as he has probably already fleeced you for the pump and the softener. You can get these with DIY kits including self-cutting valves you literally place the valve on the pipe and screw it tight, it cuts the pipe and seals all in one go - time to install less than 5 mins. No more complicated than uncorking the bottle of wine you'll celebrate saving 1300 euro with.

Back