Revenue requirements for Voluntary Strike Off

yanos25

Hi,

I wonder if somebody could help me with this question.

We have a LTD company. We ceased trading and cancelled tax registration with revenue.

We have submitted the last CT1 return, up to the de-registradion date, showing only 2 items in the accounts: 100 Euro in cash (which comes from the share capital paid into the company), and 100 Euro in shareholder’s funds (again, the share capital).

We want to go for Voluntary Strike Off; according to CRO web site, we would meet the CRO criteria since assets are less than 150 Euro and we have no liabilities.
We need to apply for a letter of no objection from revenue; to apply for that letter we need to state that the company has no assets or liabilities.

My question is: in order for the letter of no objection to be issued by revenue, does the rule of assets and liabilities being less than 150 Euro also apply, or do we actually need for those 100 Euro cash/ share capital to be zero with revenue?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Revenue don't care about your assets or liabilities when it comes to issuing the letter of no objection. They just issue the letter provided all your corporate tax affairs are in order

Revenue don't care about your assets or liabilities when it comes to issuing the letter of no objection. They just issue the letter provided all your corporate tax affairs are in order
Thanks a lot for the answer!

Back