revenue assessment under 997A

P

passremote

I was a self employed propriety director of a limited company paid as a PAYE employee with all tax deducted. The company went into liquidation and I have now been personally assessed by Revenue under Section 997A for all tax that remains unpaid by the company. Is this correct or have I any redress

Under section 977A, the Revenue do not give a tax credit to proprietary directors for the PAYE that was deducted on their fees/salary, where that PAYE was not paid over to the Revenue.

You might be able to reduce your tax bill by arguing that the net amount you received is the maximum you should be taxed on.

I was a self employed propriety director of a limited company paid as a PAYE employee with all tax deducted. The company went into liquidation and I have now been personally assessed by Revenue under Section 997A for all tax that remains unpaid by the company. Is this correct or have I any redress

From what I understand a properity director is covered under the status of a limited company under another section 986 and this is a try on by the revenue to bypass the veil of incorporation, any views or experience of this

I think the question here is whether the Revenue commissioners is owed money by your company in respect of unpaid Paye / Prsi

If so, section 997a allows them to pursue you personally for the income tax that the company should have paid on your behalf, but didnt

Back