Return to sender post

g1g

Hi,

I received post today from a UK address but the recepient is unknown at our address. If I return to sender will I need to put Irish stamps on it or will it just go back with the UK postage?

Thanks!

When I return any post I just cross off the address and write "No longer at this address, return to sender", where it goes after that is up to An Post.

I dont see why you would consider paying postage for some who didnt bother to change their address when leaving the property.......

because it is a small packet and looks like a birthday present or something. The person was never known at this property (or nearby). I have owned it since it was built therefore I think its just a mistake by poster. Plus, thats not really the issue.

Is there a return address on the package? For it to get back to the person that sent it.

I dont think you need to pay the postage just put return to sender, or not known at this address.

I wouldn't scribble off your address on the package as the person that sent it will know it didn't get to the right address and if they enquire as to where it got lost they will be able to find it then and hopefully it will get to the correct person.

Ah right, thought it was a Family Album mag or similar crap that we seem to get for other people! Anyways, I doubt you need to put a stamp on, you could always check at the post office before putting it back in the postbox.

It is not necessary to put a stamp on any item which has to be returned to sender. However, it is advisable to give a reason and not to write just ''return to sender'' on the item. The sender needs to know the reason why it is returned, e.g. left this address, deceased, refused etc.

You don't need a stamp because the package has not gone full circle, ie to the addressed person. So write the address of the sender or simply the words 'Return to Sender' on it, and stick it in the post.

just confirmed it with post office and its ok to send it back as long as it says "not known at this address" so that it doesn't keep coming back to my address

Back