return packaging

lab-rat

Hi There,
Does anyone know if retailers have to take back packaging? I bought two stools from Classic furniture last week and I have loads of cardboard and polystyrene to get rid off.
Thanks

When a kitchen manufacturer installs your kitchen and leaves you about fifty gigantic cardboard boxes is it up to you the homeowner to dispose of them or should the kitchen supplier take them away with him.
We are currently building and have amassed a huge amount of cardboard boxes which are costly to dsipose of but also cumbersome when you only have a car.

Most or all Bring recycling centres will take cardboard packaging. Not sure if (m)any take polystyrene.

My problem is transporting the cardboard to the recycling site......it is about five miles to the nearest one and would requir about twenty trips with the amount of cardbaord we have.

Is it now illegal to burn paper and cardbaord outside?

Bamhan,
Im faced with the exact same problem from classic. At least 3 car loads (but will try for 2) of cardboard and polystyrene to get rid of after delivery of furniture. I rang the shop and they said they do not under any circumstances take back packaging.

My plan to get rid of it is to cut up the cardboard into manageable pieces, go to ballymount civic amenity centre and recycle it for free. They will charge for for the polystyerene as its not counted as plastic, I got hit with that on a previous visit. 12e per car.

Bamhan said:
Is it now illegal to burn paper and cardbaord outside?
Not necessarily - but it's an offence to do so in such a way that it causes a nuisance or unacceptable air pollution.