Return camera back to Pixmania?

Joleen

Hi,

I purchased a digital camera from Pixmania recently. First time using it and the lens has got stuck and it will no longer work. Followed the manufacturer instructions recommendation to try tunring on/off and this did not work. I brought it to a camera shop and was told it would cost over €100 to fix. The camera only cost €150. I have read some horror stories on their customer support. I could not get through to anyone on the phone and nobody has replied to my 3 e-mail queries (even though they say 24 hours). On their website and recorded phone message they say repairs can take up to 3 months. I have registered to return the product and received the documents by e-mail.

What I want to know has anyone returned a faulty product to Pixmania and had success either getting it fixed or getting a refund or exchange?? If I return it to them in France (at my own expense!!!) will their be further problems?? Should I just take to another camera shop and see if it can be fixed cheaper and cut my losses?

I wish that I had just bought the camera with a shop now as this is way too much hassle

Any experiences greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BTW the camera is Nikon Cool Pix N10 (i know cheapest of lot but just wanted something simple to use)

Re: Return Camera Back to Pixmania???

I returned a camera last April/May and heard nothing from them at all for about 4/5 weeks. Sent an email and got a reply about 5/6 days later saying that the camera had been dispatched. Replacement camera arrived several days later. I think they were supposed to reimburse postage - didn't get it but as postage was about a fiver, I never followed up.

btw, the original camera (Canon something or other - daughter's camera) suddenly powered down during operation and refused to power on after that.

Have bought several items from Pixmania over the past 3 - 4 years. this was the first problem.

Re: Return Camera Back to Pixmania???

It might be better to deal directly with Nikon Service, bypassing Pixmania.

Read this first:
[broken link removed]

Then see here:
[broken link removed]

Nikon use a service centre in Meath.

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

I was just about to send it back to Pixmania today until I saw your details of the Nikon place in Meath. I searched the net and could not find it.... obviously not hard enough
Anyway i have given them a call and spoke to a lovely girl who told me to return it directly to them and they will repair it under warranty and send it back to me. So that is what I am going to do.

Thanks for the help

J