Return camera back to Pixmania?

Joleen

Hi,

I purchased a digital camera from Pixmania recently. First time using it and the lens has got stuck and it will no longer work. Followed the manufacturer instructions recommendation to try tunring on/off and this did not work. I brought it to a camera shop and was told it would cost over €100 to fix. The camera only cost €150. I have read some horror stories on their customer support. I could not get through to anyone on the phone and nobody has replied to my 3 e-mail queries (even though they say 24 hours). On their website and recorded phone message they say repairs can take up to 3 months. I have registered to return the product and received the documents by e-mail.

What I want to know has anyone returned a faulty product to Pixmania and had success either getting it fixed or getting a refund or exchange?? If I return it to them in France (at my own expense!!!) will their be further problems?? Should I just take to another camera shop and see if it can be fixed cheaper and cut my losses?

I wish that I had just bought the camera with a shop now as this is way too much hassle :(

Any experiences greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BTW the camera is Nikon Cool Pix N10 (i know cheapest of lot but just wanted something simple to use)

Re: Return Camera Back to Pixmania???

I returned a camera last April/May and heard nothing from them at all for about 4/5 weeks. Sent an email and got a reply about 5/6 days later saying that the camera had been dispatched. Replacement camera arrived several days later. I think they were supposed to reimburse postage - didn't get it but as postage was about a fiver, I never followed up.

btw, the original camera (Canon something or other - daughter's camera) suddenly powered down during operation and refused to power on after that.

Have bought several items from Pixmania over the past 3 - 4 years. this was the first problem.

Re: Return Camera Back to Pixmania???

It might be better to deal directly with Nikon Service, bypassing Pixmania.

Read this first:
[broken link removed]

Then see here:
[broken link removed]

Nikon use a service centre in Meath.

Hi,

Thank you for the replies.

I was just about to send it back to Pixmania today until I saw your details of the Nikon place in Meath. I searched the net and could not find it.... obviously not hard enough :)
Anyway i have given them a call and spoke to a lovely girl who told me to return it directly to them and they will repair it under warranty and send it back to me. So that is what I am going to do.

Thanks for the help

J

Back