Retreiving Deleted Text Messages?

RedStix

Hi All

Hoping someone can help me. I was re-organising my phone last night and decided to clear all the texts in my inbox as there was about 800 messages in there. I had a few messages that i wanted to keep (from a friend of mine that passed away 6 weeks ago). So i put the messages from her into a new folder and the proceeded to delete everything in my inbox. But whatever i did, i deleted all messages in every folder on my phone, so i've lost the messages that i tried to save as well.

Is it possible to retreive these deleted messages or are they gone for good? There are only about 4 of them. My phone is an 02 XDAMini.

Thanks everyone
RedStix

Sorry RedStix but I think one you delete the messages they are gone. I had a similar situation once and there was no way to retrieve them.

Maybe technology has moved on since then though, would you go to an O2 store and see if they have any way of accessing deleted files?

would you go to an O2 store and see if they have any way of accessing deleted files

Thanks for the reply. Yep, i think that will be my next move. I was just hoping that there'd be an easier way. I'm raging with myself for accidentally deleting them!! I suppose its just one of those things.

Try your phone company who keep these on file for a while - you may be able to claim something under 'freedom of information' or such....

Redstix,
I know with a Nokia if you connect via bluetooth using the software on the Disk (think it's called PC Suite?) that comes with the phone it is possible to access deleted messages. I did it before and was able to access hundreds of messages I thought had been deleted from phone, I was shocked at what was still accessible. Not sure if this is possible with your XDAmini. My phone at the time was a Nokia 6230, not sure if this will help...

Back