resurfacing long laneway

bakerbhoy

Later on my new build i will have to upgrade a section of old lane.Iwill be doing drainage runs,grading etc myself,well man with digger actually.The lane to my house is 400 metres 4 metres wide but probably a section up to 600 meters will need to be done.I am in favour of top dressing it with tar and chippings due to farm machinery also using the lane.
I am just wondering has anyone done something similar and how much to have this area tar'd and chipped.

In some counties this is grant aided by the local councils.
If there is more than one user of the road, (does not have to be to a house, just a farm), the users pay maybe 10% and the rest is grant aided by the council.
The scheme is called the LIS (local Initiative Scheme). They are very common in some rural counties such as Donegal, and very successful.
Usually one person has to take the lead, getting the forms out and having them filled in by all users if they wish to participate. Not everyone using the lane/road has to sign and agree, but it is cheaper obviously on everybody as the initial 10% or whatever is required is split on more users.
Contact you council, and find out the procedure for their patch.

Sailor
Thanks for that ,will investigate.The lane in question is a private lane,although there is a public right of way on the first 200 meters to a dolmen on an other landowners property.

Back