Restructuring Mortgage - Declare Savings?

M

Mac80

Hi,

I have contacted my lender and asked them about the possibility of extending my mortgage term from 25Yrs to 30 or 35.

I am in the process of filling in the "Standard Financial statement" supplied by the IBRC.
I have not missed any payments and have been "overpaying" my mortgage in previous years to reduce it. The reason i want to extend the term is to reduce the monthly repayments currently €1230 a month as it is putting us under quite a lot of pressure, although we still save SOME money every month.
We have one child and another on the way.
We both have good secure secure jobs and in our early 30's.

My question is should I declare my saving on the financial statement or is the bank LESS likely to extend my mortgage if they see that I have moderate savings?
Are they more likely to extend my mortgage if they think I am closer to missing a payment?

Thanks

I just restructured my rental property mortgage from 20 years to 25 years - we have never missed a payment either and have some savings (although not much). I declared everything on the statement, for the simple fact that they run a credit check on you as part of the process so I assume the savings will show up in the credit check (unless they are in the credit union - but I could be wrong about this!).

My bank (KBC) was very obliging about restructuring to make the repayments more manageable for us - even though we have never missed a payment so I don't think that would have much on of impact on their decision - however, with regards savings I am not sure whether this would impact your case, but again they run a credit check on you so I assume your savings would show up in anyway?

Thanks for the reply. I suppose its better to be honest, we are struggling anyway so it s not like were making it up.
Its like this, if they dont agree to extending it they will only get what we can afford and they might change their attitude then.
I hope and expect them to be accommodating.