restoring natural stone tiles

PGD1

Hi,

My kitchen has natural stone tiles. I think it's marble. Anyway when I got the house they were new and highly polished but are now started to look tired.

Is there any way to spruce these up? All I read about online is diamond sanding etc for large areas.

Is there any DIY solution for average sized floors? I don't mind using a bit of elbow grease.

Shouldn't need anything as drastic as sanding. Take a look in the builders providers or DIY outlets for natural stone sealers and polishes. It probably just needs a good scrub, a coat or two of sealant and a polish.

You should be able to hire out a buffing machine from most hire companies. Once buffed do as leo says and seal the floor. You might not need a polish depending on the type of stone and grade of honing

but will the polishing machines be massive round yokes? what about corners? it's only a kitchen... not a theatre lobby.

Satan's Bed... thanks. I think I saw those products before and was reluctant to use them as I felt you would have to re-apply them frequently.... whereas I was to polish the actual stone perhaps once every 5 years....

Ludermor.... do you know where to get them. They haven't caught my eye anywhere.