Restaurants

B

Baker

What is the most important part of a restaurant, the food, service and what would you like to see more of?

For me in order of importance:

Food - quality/amount/value
Ambience/Surroundings
Service
Accessibility - parking, buses/taxis

Would like to see more options for vegetarians - thank god for Indian restaurants!

A good wine list is important. By good I dont mean I need to a Rothschild or chateaux du pap or a Penfold 707 but a selection of nice, reasonably priced wines. Its reasonable that restaurants have a markup but I find it disheartening to see a bottle for 45 euro that I know I can buy for 14.99euro in OddBins. A selection of wines priced between 20 to 35 euro is important.

Baker said:
What is the most important part of a restaurant, the food, service and what would you like to see more of?

There is a restaurant in wexford, that has a bottleshop below and the restaurant only charges corkage on wines bought below. Ive forgotten the corkage fee but it was reasonable. That is something I would like to see more of. Ive forgotten what it was called but it was like, sky and the stars and the moon above or something odd like that. Im sure someone here will know.