restaurants killarney

L

linda

hi everyone,
i am organising a hen weekend in killarney in june and would really appreciate recomendations for a good restaurant to have dinner on the saturday night! there will be about 25 of us and somewhere not too expensive would be best. we might be wearing afro wigs so hopefully that wont be a problem when it comes to getting in ! we arent a rowdy bunch but i can imagine it will be hard to find somewhere suitable if we are dressed up. any sugestions?!i have been told the cooperage is good?

The cooperage is quite good and they have an early bird around 25 euro not sure if it on for a sat night. Also brickin and lord kenmares the latter would be a little more pricey There is a bar called hannigans that does very good food and have an area that would be sectioned off from other diners just a little bit private but not away from the action and has a nice bar for afters I think that might be the best one as it would give you a space for your own group It is part of the international hotel if you wanted to phone and enquire about.

Paddy's Restaurant has excellent food, is family run and excellent service! On main street just down from NIB and is located on second floor.

'Thought "Chapter 40" was really nice when we were in Killarney lately.......

Hi there I recently spent a couple of week ends in Killarney - I found the "Royal Hotel" really nice, it was recomended to me by a woman who lived there...

Hi, organised a Hen in Killarney, went to the Granary Bar [broken link removed]

They have no problem with Hen Party's .. we too had afro's..told them in advance it was a Hen party and it was no bother! We reserved a large section just inside the front window in the bar, seats about 25, the manager agreed to let us choose from the Bar Menu or the Restaurant Menu upstairs, which ever we wanted. We were also allowed to decorate the area as we wished, just no sellotape! There is live music there most weekend nights, we ended up staying all night and it was fantastic, even gave our Hen a cocktail and shots for the chicks!!

thanks so much everyone!
from the sounds of it i reckon the granary would suit best.
by the way NGWRBC where did ye get the afros?!

Robertinos the italian is fantastic. i love it there.... not sure about the afro`s being welcome tho..... have a ball

mcsweeneys on the corner near the royal hotel, there is also a place across the road from mcsorleys pub, there is a lovely restaurant on the first floor with a bar on the ground floor, i havent got the name but its really nice.

thats the one coleen, thanks, forgot the name, there was stag night there one night so i dont think they mind stag or hen nights once you didnt creat a cuffuffle