restaurants in Limerick

Ron Burgundy

Hi all,

Off to Limerick next weekend with Mrs Burgundy. Looking for somewhere nice to eat on the Saturday night. Don't want mad expensive but don't mind spending a few quid either.

Ron

In my opinion the market square Brasserie on o connell ave or the steak house on o connell street. Booking advised

[broken link removed], alongside the Locke Bar and overlooking the canal. 3 mins from O'Connell Street, past the Hunt Museum, City Hall and just around the corner from St Mary's Cathedral, in case you feel the need for spiritual sustenance too.

Booking also advised.

As mentioned Market Sq., Moll Darby's also Brulees on Mallow St lrw. Freddies Bistro, off Henry St. and Dolans on the Dock Rd, nice food and good pub.

Ron

In my opinion the market square Brasserie on o connell ave or the steak house on o connell street. Booking advised

2nd the steak house on o connell street. not bad on price and nice atmosphere. you will need to book as its always busy.

i likes market square but its bloody booked up with 8 on a waiting list moll darby's look like my second choice.

i likes market square but its bloody booked up with 8 on a waiting list moll darby's look like my second choice.

Moll Darby's is nice but again it may be busy - would need to be booked. If you want somewhere reasonable that doesn't need to be booked then try milano's on Harvey's quay. You can just walk in and they will take your name and number (if no table available) and give you a call when ready. While waiting you can drop in to Peter Clohessey's bar on the waterfront and enjoy a drink and a view.

Forgot to mention Azur on O'Connell St. I like it and it has an early bird menu for €27 up to 10pm each evening (except Sat - I think).

I wouldn't recommend Azur had a family meal there recently and I can honestly say it was the worst meal we had as long as anyone of us can remember - maybe we were just unlucky we were also charged for an extra bottle of wine we hadn't ordered or got and when we quiestioned it a new bill came with extra drinks on this one two realised this when we were charged when no one at the table had beer if they had been busy I would understand it but there were lots of tables free but as I said maybe it was just us!!!

Thanks for all the advice, i booked Moll's and looking forward to it. We are staying in the absolute hotel and have dinner there in sunday night as part of the package. Think i'll send mrs burgundy to the spa saturday afternoon !!