Restaurants in Dundalk for Mothers Day.

Northerngirl

Any recommendations for good quality restaurants in Dundalk? - Was thinking of booking Quaglinos, anyone eaten there?? Thanks.

It's years since I've been to Quaglinos, but it certainly used to be good, and (unless anyone reports recent bad experience) ought to be worth a shot. Dundalk not being known for its fine dining - although better than it used to be, I think - Quaglinos was the only place that occurred to me when I saw your post!

However, Georgina Campbell's Ireland Guide gives a couple more
http://www.ireland-guide.com/browse/map.710.943.211.html#results

Personally I think Rosos is overrated and expensive. used to be the Cube and IMO the food was better then. the dog stadium do a fine meal with an all in price of €43 for attendance, program and 4 course meal. but I imagine its booked up months in advance. theres a bar upstairs with music after the dogs until 12.30 ( last time I attended the music ended at 1am) and its rounds off the evening very nicely.
Stone House in Blackrock is building up a good reputation.
always like the the Brake and the Clermont is quite good.
new Italian in Park Street ( cant remember name ,Mrs Cu had a nice meal there recently).
Quaglinos is good and they have an early bird. pub downstairs is popular.
the park inn hotel out the armagh road is also building up a good name.
heard good reports too on the restaurant in the revamped Imperial Hotel ( cant remember the new name)
No 32 gets plenty of good write ups. but I dont like the location.
the Windsor in Dublin Street is one of my favourites.

I know it's outside Dundalk a bit but well worth the spin, Fitzpatricks is my favourite. It might be booked out by now though...

Lisdoo Steakhouse is good too.

Back