Restaurant in Kilkenny

InfoSeeker

Am organising a stag to Kilkenny in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to eat, it would be a Saturday night so I had better book soon.

There will be 14 in the group so somewhere mid range I suppose would be the call as we would be a bit raucous and do not want to annoy people on a nice night out eating in an expensive restaurant:)

Planning to eat at 6:30 so we should still know who we are at that stage:)

You could try Paris Texis, which have a restaurant out the back. It isnt extravagent, more like pub grub. The pub will be buzzing later in the evening, a good spot to go for a few drinks even if U dont eat in reataurant. You could also tray langtons, they serve nicer food, mid range and you will get access to the night club. They might frown if u mention a stag though! The Italian connection is a very nice italian restaurant, upper end grup, more civilised!

I had a very good Indian in Kilkenny a few years back - sorry can't remember the name. In my experience, Indian restaurants are usually a bit more understanding and accommodating of larger, noisier groups. :)

Am organising a stag to Kilkenny in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on where to eat, it would be a Saturday night so I had better book soon.

There will be 14 in the group so somewhere mid range I suppose would be the call as we would be a bit raucous and do not want to annoy people on a nice night out eating in an expensive restaurant:)

Planning to eat at 6:30 so we should still know who we are at that stage:)

Can't recommend cafe sol enough ... great food, great cocktails, nice staff, just up from langtons

Can't recommend cafe sol enough ... great food, great cocktails, nice staff, just up from langtons

It might be the same place but I'd recommend Lemon-Sol which is opposite Langtons and a little bit up the hill from it.
Good food and good atmosphere.

It might be the same place but I'd recommend Lemon-Sol which is opposite Langtons and a little bit up the hill from it.
Good food and good atmosphere.

yup same place ... sorry I must have the name wrong, do know they have sol in the name!

have been there the last two times I was down..

yup same place ... sorry I must have the name wrong, do know they have sol in the name!

have been there the last two times I was down..

No you have the right name but the wrong location. There is a Lemon Sol (Soul?) opposite Langtons up the hill a bit serving Asian food which is very good indeed, if a wee bit light and I think it would be excellent for a stag as it is quite large.

Cafe Sol though, which is on William Street just off High st if my memory serves me correctly, is a truly excellent restaurant if a bit limited with the menu. About 4-5 fish dishes, 1 steak/beef dish 1 chicken and I went for the gorgeous Pork. Lovely armosphere and great service but a bit small for large parties.

We were trying to get Fleva on High St but it was booked out. Heard great things about this restaurant from the locals.

Lemon Sol is a Lemongrass lovely food

there is a steakhouse at the bottom of butterslip lane next to Pordyllos (reccommend here but small groups) and its very nice cant think of the name

"there is a steakhouse at the bottom of butterslip lane next to Pordyllos (reccommend here but small groups) and its very nice cant think of the name"

The steakhouse is called ripleys and I second that its very nice.

Another nice place to eat is "Lombards" on Parliament Street opposite Italian Connection (nice too) the premises used to be the Next Door Off-Licence and in a previous life the eircom ofices! Its got big high celings and a fab menu!

Back