Restaurant in Dublin for young and not so young

Bean deas

Hi I was hoping that somebody here might be able to help me. I'm taking a group of 5 young people (late teens/early 20's) out for dinner in Dublin soon. I'm (let's say) more mature and would like to take them somewhere where there is good Irish food but not too stuffy or formal. Any ideas would be appreciated.

cafe bar deli on George's Street is relaxed. Nice food. havent been in ages so maybe that;s changed.

The Elephant and Castle in temple bar is always buzzing and have fab chicken wings that they are famous for. You cant book here and is always quite busy.

Yamamori is also quite buzzy in the evenings with a very relaxed atmosphere. this is on George's street.

of course then you have Captain America's on Grafton Street for younger crowd(even though i'm not young i always like it in here) or hardrock cafe.

hope this helps

Gallagher's Boxty House in Temple Bar isn't bad for that kind of a mission, food that any age group can eat and good atmosphere.
Wouldn't actually recommend Thunder Road across the street, it's so loud that your ears will actually hurt for days, but if you can tolerate that then it's usually popular with that age group.
How about bringing them somewhere nice, like the Trocadero? The food is good and even if they're bored, aren't you the one that's paying!

We went to a restaurant the other night on Georges Street - all the furniture etc is completely recylcled- its called Shebeen Chic I think..
All the food is very much from Olde World Ireland- down to Grubeens, Irish Stew, Lamb Shank as well as boxty...
Really very reasonable - and if you're looking for Trad Irish then this is the place

Could I piggyback on your thread rather than setting up something similar.
Myself and friend will be taking a few mature ladies (bus pass age group) out for lunch coming up to Christmas. The venue needs to be as near as possible to O'Connell St as one of them has a foot problem. We need somewhere that we can linger for another glass of wine and chat.
Would appreciate any suggestions. Last year we went to Wynn's and it was a complete disaster so we do not wish to be embarrassed again

There is the Dandelion Bar & Restaurant or TGI Fridays beside Stephen's Green SC, but haven't been in either for some time.

Myself and friend will be taking a few mature ladies (bus pass age group) out for lunch coming up to Christmas.

What about The Mint Bar in the Westin (haven't tried the restaurant in the Westin), food is ok but cocktails are yummy!! :D

Last edited:
There's a difference at..................you'll enjoy ! Apparentely :)

I'm taking a group of 5 young people (late teens/early 20's) out for dinner in Dublin soon. I'm (let's say) more mature and would like to take them somewhere where there is good Irish food but not too stuffy or formal. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Jo'Burger in Rathmines

:) oops didn't read it properly... hadnt seen the request for irish food when i replied... sorry.

Winding Stair is lovely alright - [broken link removed]

Also like Fallon & Byrne - [broken link removed]

Louigi Malones in temple bar might suit, it's not Irish food, but there is soups, salads, steak etc, and the desserts are gorgeous. Menu is here [broken link removed]

here's some restaurants classified as Irish cuisine from menu pages
[broken link removed]

Hope you find something nice that suits everyone.

I'd second the The Elephant and Castle in temple bar. Ate there a few times, quite good.

To Cinders - Try Talbot 101 (on Talbot Street), lovely restaurant and very good food.

Back