Restaurant for 50th birthday dinner

sallyann

Anyone recommended a restaurant between Clontarf and Howth for a 50th birthday dinner for 10 adults. Birthday boy concerned does not like anything too posh/formal but obviously not too casual either considering the occasion. I have looked in Menupages but am undecided between three of them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. PS I will be covering the bill.

Hi Sallyann,

Its not in the area you asked about, but a great spot for birthday dinners for those of a certain age in Dublin is Boulevard on Wexford St. they have nice food and a decent and inexpensive wine list, plus they make a bit of a fuss over the Birthday boy or girl. Its quite informal and there is a strange dance about the handbags thing that happens afterwards.

M

Wongs beside St.Annes Park on the seafront ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to say Wongs is terribly overpriced for what you get, if you're looking for a good Chinese try Hin Keng which is above the Clontarf Court Hotel, much nicer than Wongs, cheaper and staff are far more polite and dont rush you.
Otherwise in Clontarf i'd recommend Kinara which is stunning Pakistani/indian food.
Restaurant 1014 which is a new restaurant close to the Bull-Wall and all its profits go to the CARE Chairty, quality food, menu is 'french bistro' (if that makes sense)

If you go further out to Howth Aqua or Ivans both on the 1st pier are top quality.
If it was my call i'd always go for Kinara

Back