restaurant bunratty area

holidayqueen

Can anyone recommend a place to eat in the Bunratty area for a saturday night. We are looking for nice food in nice athmosphere that does not cost the earth. Steaks seafood that sort of thing. Does anyone know anything about the red door or durty nellies? Is there any other place that is good? We are staying in the Raddison so somewhere not too far from that, we do not want to spend a fortune in taxis. Thanks as always

I would happily recommend Durty Nellys, lovely steaks etc., never had a bad meal there and great service.

The Creamery as mentioned above is gorgeous, I love it there, and have never had a bad meal. My aunt and uncle eat there every Saturday night, never any complaints.

I'm not crazy about Nellys.. the Creamery is just so quaint and the atmosphere is great.

Gallaghers is gorgeous but maybe a little pricey. They now have a bar attached to it which has a restaurant, more casual than gallaghers and a little cheaper.

Bunratty Manor is also a nice restaurant but to be honest I think for a reasonably priced meal The Creamery wins hands down. THe steaks are absolutely gorgeous and they do a gorgeous surf and turf. There's a bar downstairs that does food but it's upstairs that you want to go for the restaurant.

Wouldn't rate Nellies at all.