Restaurant between Hilton & RDS ?

ROSS

Hi

The missus and I will be going to see 'The Boss' at the RDS in May and would like to treat my own boss to a nice pre concert meal. We will be staying at the Hilton on Charlemont Place and will probably walk up to Ballsbridge. Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant in the area. We did Roly's the last time and it was fine but not brilliant. It wall probably have to be an early bird around 5pm or otherwise a late lunch. What about Bella Cuba or Evana ?? Ideally we would like Italian but open to suggestions but not chinese, thai or indian !

How about Da Vincenzos (Italian) in Leeson St. About halfway to the RDS from the Hotel and the last time I was in there it was good. However my last time was a fair while ago. Evana not really; Bella Cuba - maybe.

Hello

Given that you are in the Hilton Charlemont, you could always walk to Ranelagh and then from there over to the RDS (via Marlborough Road and Herbert Park Road), it'll only add about 5 or 10 minutes to your walk and there's a great selection of restaurants in Ranelagh.

Marios - Italian, great food, does not take reservations though
Cafe Bar Deli - Mainly Italian but also other European-style food
Tribeca - best chicken wings in Dublin, burgers, salads and other dishes. would definitely recommend.
Ouzo - fantastic fish restaurant, has steaks also if you're not a fish lover

There are plenty of others to choose from. I would recommend using the website [broken link removed] - you can select the area (Ranelagh/Donnybrook/Ballsbridge would all be close) and type of cuisine, there are reviews included also. There is a new restaurant Maia in Ballsbridge which I haven't eaten in yet but have seen some good reviews.

Da Vincenzo or Canal Bank Cafe on Leeson Street also good.

Enjoy Bruce!

Ouzo in Ranelagh has been sold. If it is going to be run as a restaurant it won't be Ouzo. Was brilliant but good things never last.

Thanks for the replies.
Had a look at menupages and its looking like Tribeca gets the nod but will only take bookings on the day. Pity as the reason I posted so early was to get a decent place reserved !
Thanks again.

Back