Resort in Gran Canaria

I've always liked Puerto Rico at the south of the island - it's smaller and quieter than Playa Del I, but it is quite hilly and might not suit everyone for that reason.

Just keep away from Kasbah and Irish centre areas and ure fine anywhere else in Playa des Ingles. There now myself! Rented bungalow in Maspalomas and that area is very peaceful. Melonores is lovely too. try that also.

Johnn009, It might be of some benefit to you if you were more specific about the type of holiday you have in mind. For us Puerto rico has everything, The sunshine by day and whatever entertainment you prefer by night in the commercial centres. You could stay in Amadores which is much quieter or Mogan which is quieter again. If you could give us some idea as to what you are looking for we will do our best to steer you in the right direction. The fact you want to stay clear of Playa del ingles is an indicator ,But as much as we love Amadores and particularly Mogan they could be too placid. The advantage of basing yourselves in PR is you can get to Maspalomas, PDL, and Mogan quiet easily for day trips and walk to Amadores. It is important as to where you stay if you are booking a package holiday in PR , As Gippimann stated it is a hilly area and the bottom level is ideal, Let us now what you are looking for and I am sure we can help,Regards Salaried.

Ok well due to the cheap factor Playa del Ingles is booked.

Has anyone done any of the following:
- Jeep Safari
- Aqualand
- Dolphin Spotting Boat Trip
- Free motion company hiking tours

Looking to spend about 4/5 days on activities/experiences and 2/3 on relaxing beachside/poolside.

Oh and am booked for early March.

Just a thought Johnno, But did you try Tripadvisor.com. Actually it would be easier if you just googled (playa del ingles forum tripadvisor). I am sure you will get all the info you are looking for there before you go.

hi Salaried,
we're interested in going to Puerto Rice in Gran Canaria this year. We have a 5 month old baby and it will be our first time travelling with him. Could you recommend anywhere in particular that would be family friendly or give us any advice re getting there as you seem to be very familiar with the area....should we book a package or flights & hotel directly? would appreciate any insight you can give...cheers

Hello Charley, To be honest I do not know whether a package or diy holiday would suit you best as I do not when you are planning on travelling or what your budget would be. This is just an example , To fly ryanair from Shannon to Las Palmas from tues the 7th of june to tues the 14th of june would set you back 243.00 euro ,To stay in the 4 star Marina suites half board for that week would set you back 784.00 euro. Great value for money considering the Marina suites is a 4 star hotel on the bottom level overlooking the harbour, You should also check out the Ipenema park at 32.00 euro a night if you are booking accomadation and flights seperately, We have stayed there on a few occasions and would highly recommend it. Chances are you will go by package if going saturday to saturday , What I would advice is to avoid anywhere near the main commercial centre or on the top level if trying to get a nights sleep. PR is a great resort but if you are looking for something a bit quieter you might look at Mogan as an option, it is only a short bus ride away from PR but perfect for a couple with a 5 month old baby, Anything more specific that I can help you with let me know, Regards Salaried.

gran canaria

Ive been going to Gran Canaria for over 30 years on and off and seen a lot of changes between resorts. In the last 10 years Playa Del Ingles has become very tired. Its the main resort, and you will get good deals on hotels and self catering apartments but at the cost of being heckled around the shopping and nightlife areas, risk of having personal items stolen(as i did) and a general sense of worn out complexes that have long since had their day. Puerto rico is about 35min from the airport, has a nice half moon sheltered beach, but a small resort with little to do. A little further along the coastline is Puerto Mogan, a quaint but pretty town again with a sheltered beach and Marina. My personal opinion on the best Hotel in Gran Canaria, and maybe all of the canaries is Lopesan Costa Meloneras Spa and resort. Its a 4*+ and will cost a bit extra, but you get what you pay for and worth every penny. Its in a resort called Meloneras which sprouted up in the last 8-10 years. Nice prominade, next to a 6km beach with fantastic facilities, entertainment and one of Europes best Spas. You wont be disappointed, but choose the half board option for best value.

if going to puerto rico.. book the Terrazamar.. we were in them last year and they are fab on the lower level so no hilly bits.. great for families and huge huge balconies good bit of space if you have loads of baby things etc... look them up on trip advisor...we booked last year with falcon but i dont see them on their website this year.. but very good prices on Direct Holidays website so funds permitting going to book them again..

Back