Residents of Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, D11

G

Guest106

Is Old Finglas Road a good place to buy a house ? Seems a long road, are there dodgy places on it ? What about Addison Place or Botanic Place which are off Old F/Road..........would they be better to buy in? Seems like a long way from any Garda Station.

Good area in general. Fairly quiet. Not that far from Finglas Garda station.
Addison Park is a reasonable development but grossly overpriced (still).

I'd agree with Lauren. I live on the Old Finglas Road (near the Finglas Road end and have also lived on the other end near the Met Office). We've never had an ounce of trouble if thats what you are asking. Its relatively quiet, and there is strong sense of community still with all our neighbours looking out for each other. Its less than a 5min drive to Finglas Garda station (the gardai could obviously make that faster!)

Just noticed your post about trouble with parents parking on your grass verge. There is a primary and secondary school on Old Finglas Rd. Parking situation is mental there at school times. Illegal and dangerous parking everywhere!

Tks Lauren for this info. I've just had a look and I see what you mean. The schools are side by side and a fairly narrow busy road outside. Plus there's all that extra traffic in the morning coming out of the new development Addison Park.
Nice area though. Liked the look of it a lot.
The red roofs of the Cremore estate are very stylish.

Back