Request: Where can you buy cheap AudioBooks?

dublinsense

Where online can you buy Reasonable priced audiobooks???

I don't mind paying and then downloading them, i dont necessarily need the CD's.

I tried signing up to audible.com / .co.uk but seemingly you can't do that in Ireland. audiobooks.ie seem kind pricey, Bought a few off play.com but their selection aint great.

Please share any recommendations / advice.

Hi Dublinquest - I've been with audible.com for a couple of years - never had any problems. Try their customer support - they usually replay fairly quickly.

The only issue I have with them is their subscription method, effectively you are tied into buying a set number of titles. However, they do allow 3-month breaks, which I have used a few times.

Find them great for long car journeys - played via my Pocket PC.

If you want to listen to them......

( Rather than own them )

Then you might be better to borrow them from your Public Library.

audible.com??? I tried signing on and they say you they cant process the transaction due to the location - Ireland. Is your Credit card address outside ireland???

My credit card address is in Ireland - even had a snail mail letter from them once.

Maybe their policy has changed since I joined ?

Suggest you email their Customer Service.

I've gotten these from the library, they are great for long car journey's

I can recommend eMusic.com for music downloads. Why not register for a two week trial and get 25 free downloads, plus a free audiobook when you upgrade to an audio-book trial?

I haven't used them for audio books - it looks like you have to signup to a music subscription before you can add an audio books subscription.

Similar idea to iTunes, but tracks are in MP3 format so you can play them anywhere, not just on an iPod, and transfer them or burn them to CD as many times as you like (for your own personal use!). You pay a monthly subscription, but it works out much cheaper per track. The selection (over 4m music tracks) currently isn't as good as iTunes, but on the Classical side they do have the complete Naxos catalogue, amongst others. If you delete your MP3s accidentally you can redownload them for free (provided you continue to subscribe.).

Declaration: if you register for a trial via the above link I will get some free tracks, but it won't cost you anything.

Back