Request for prsi key post

outofmymind

An issue that comes up regularly on this forum is prsi class and the effect of this on pension. This is particularly important for those planning/hoping for early retirement or cutting back work in eg their 60s. It would be great if one of the knowledgable folks on here could put together a key post that summarises it all in one place, eg paye income, share income, property income, income from db scheme/arf/annuity and combinations of these sources of income and the effects on over 65s benefit and contributory pension. Thanks in anticipation!

Good idea.

I often write key posts about topics which I know only a little about. I put in questions. And my questions are answered and my mistakes are corrected quickly.

So if you post a key post on the topic -or even an FAQ , you will have a fully functioning Key Post quickly.

Brendan

Ok. I'll set up a new thread. I assume you as moderator bump it to a key post rather than me doing that.

Great idea. This Pensions section is likely of most interest to those nearing retirement (rather than post) and PRSI contributions between now and age 66 is a key element to retirement income planning. Looking forward to the answers. Thanks in advance to all the experts.

This is an example of one such question that I asked in another part of AAM. I'm still unclear.

Last edited:
Thanks kev 1964. Glad you think it is a good idea. Maybe if you could post this reply into the new 'key post' it will bump it up the listings and inspire some of our contributors to help answer this and other tricky conundrums.

Thanks kev 1964. Glad you think it is a good idea. Maybe if you could post this reply into the new 'key post' it will bump it up the listings and inspire some of our contributors to help answer this and other tricky conundrums.
sure…..but do you mean post my question in the key post?

sure…..but do you mean post my question in the key post?
The question in this thread is exactly one I have myself. Did you ever get any feedback. I've tried looking for the other posting but not sucessful