request decent saorview aerial info

johnwilliams

my current saorview aerial is a b+q slx model ,my problem is the part where the aerial f connector connects to the circuit board via a f connector coupler sits on 4 weak pins, all are now broken, these pins seem to affect picture. now no picture, are all other digital aerials connected same ways (pins) or are there better aerials out there without this weakness ,recommendations please

Any standard UHF aerial should do the trick, you can get all you need in kit form like this one.

rabbit ears with signal booster works a treat for me... pick them up from about €12 up..

rabbit ears with signal booster works a treat for me... pick them up from about €12 up..

Depends how close you are to the transmitter. Setting up my parents, I had to go with an external aerial, results with internal aerials with/without booster were very poor.

I'm not sure a booster makes any difference. In my previous house (further from the transmitter) I had a rabbit's ears in the attic and a cable running down to the sitting room. I found best results opening the rabbit's ears to 180 degrees.

For Saorview you need to point it at the mast to get the best signal.

No connection to this site but they have a list of options.

http://www.tvtrade.ie/tv-and-radio-aerials.html
[broken link removed]

You want a wideband UHF aerial.

We're using a cheap rabbit ears aerial in a spare room. Get a bit of chop now and then.

Rabbit ears in the upstairs bedroom - perfect signal. Try them before spending money on anything else....