Req: Windscreen washer motor Peugeot 407sw

Plek Trum

Hi all,
one of the kids was left playing with the windscreen wash in the car (!) and has burnt out the windscreen washer motor.

Quoted 500euro for the part alone...

Hoping someone may know or advise of one going second hand? *fingers crossed*

Car details:
Peugeot 407 SW
Diesel
Automatic

Many thanks as always..

Can I suggest you get a 2nd opinion, Peugots are notorious for blowing the washer fuse (especially if the washer bottle is empty or jets frozen). It's happened me a couple of times,

Thanks for that Mpsox - its for my parents in-law. They've had so many expenses on this they would really appreciate NOT paying hundreds again for 'maintenance'.

Will pass on your recommendation and continue to keep an eye out.. just in case !

I know i've recommended this website before, but i honestly don't have any affilliation!

http://www.partfinder.ie/cgi-bin/scripts/search.pl

not all scrapyards are listed on this website, i'm not sure what criteria the yards need to be included in the listings. (Possibly only End-of-Life dismantlers?)

Anyway, try that site, and try the golden pages for local yards. Could save you quite a bit of money.

Thanks Woodbine - spotted your link placed on another thread here and have contacted a few. Very handy! No luck as yet but will keep trying...