Replication of detail in MS Word

Hibernicatio

Does anyone know if it is possible to type a word into a document and then automatically replicate that word throughout the document where appropriate.

For example in residential lease's the document has to be changed throughout (i.e. tenant names) whereas the information is all contained in an information page.

Yes, it is, put a place marker where you want the name to go e.g. <my_name>, then select Edit, Replace All from the drop down menu, search for <my_name> and replace with Jane Soap.

Alternativlely you could have all your data in table and use the mail merge.

If there is already a name in the document that you want to replace throughout then you could do a find and replace from the edit menu.

You can also use mail merge fields to create a document template and then populate it from a database to create a new document.

You could add a [broken link removed] - go to File -> Properties, click on Custom. You will see properties such as Date Complete etc. You can create your own one e.g. Tenant, leave the type as Text and provide a value e.g. "Joe Bloggs".

You can then [broken link removed] throughout your Word doc:

In the Word doc, choose Insert Field, choose the category Document Information, choose the Field name DocProperty, and finally choose the custom property on the right hand side Property list.

All you need to do to change the tenant name is to update the property and ensure your fields are updated in the document.

Thanks for all your suggestions. May take a while to do but will certainly be worth it in the long run.

Cheers

H