Replacing taps in bathroom

cms

I'm sick of the horrible cheap taps in our bathrooms and want to change them. The sinks are grand, its just the taps i want to change. Is it a difficult job? Would I have to remove the sink first? They're all pedestal sinks so accessing the taps isn't a problem.
Also, do taps come in standard sizes or do I need to measure the holes in the sink?
Thanks.

Straight forward enough if you can figure out how to turn the water off, taps are standard size. A [broken link removed] makes the job of accessing the nuts much easier.
Leo

Any suggestions on how to remove taps which appear to have "seized"? They are 30+ years old and we can't seem to loosen them...

30+ years old suggests that they may be gunged up with old putty which has set like a rock.
Ballyman's suggestion is probably the best you can do, but you should be prepared for the basin to be broken. If they are on a cast iron bath you have a better chance of getting away with it.

Good Luck!

Thanks, I tried that already but no success unfortunately. Am afraid of the basin breaking using the angle grinder method.

Does anyone know where you can get the little blue and red 'caps' that fit into the tops of the old fashioned taps on the basin?

Back