Replacing pump big job?

blueshoes

hi,

just wondering if replacing the pump in or near my boiler is a big job? also how long should this job take and what price?

sorry I cant explain any better thanks in advance.

I got my pump replaced a few weeks ago, part cost €70 labour was €50, I wasnt there so I dont know how long it took but I think it was in or about 2 hours all told.

Our pump (we think) has packed up (7 Dec) - no heat going to radiators (water is heating up... In contact with 2nd plumber, all v. busy!!

Could you advise of the plumber you used (if Dublin)!
Thanks

I got my pump replaced a few weeks ago, part cost €70 labour was €50, I wasnt there so I dont know how long it took but I think it was in or about 2 hours all told.

An hour tops...unless the pump is burried some where.
120 incl parts would be about the norm.

On a scale of 1 to 10 its about a 3. If you can locate the pump easily note the make ane model and get a replacement. There are two isolating values either side. Turn knob or screw on there values to be in line with pipe. Unwire with power off. You may need a large wrench to get the pump off by opening large nut on either side of pump. Stop if more than pint of water comes out as this is a sign that you have not isolated pump.

Back