replacing old kitchen

noodle

I want to replace an old kitchen - where do I start ....
Do I need a plumber, electrician and someone to put it in - or is there someone who does all....

I think I might need to get a wall replastered as well

Might be an idea to start with a plan of how you want your new kitchen to look and especially if you intend changing things around for example where the sink is located and you will probably need extra sockets on the walls. So you will need a plumber and an electrician for this.

I would draw up a plan of the layout of the kitchen and take it to somewhere like cash and carry kitchens who will help you finalise the design. I found them to be excellent and they have a list of fitters who will fit out the kitchen for you.

You should have a look at this site www.tradesman.ie which might be of some help to you.

A lot depends on the company you are using

When we did our one, they took the old one out one morning and came back and put it in over the next couple of days, including plumbing and basic electrics. Anythng fanct like downlighters unless they are supplying it may need to be done by yourself
You more then likely will need to plaster the kitchen afterwards and depending on what your lkitchen is like, may need to retile
When you are talking to the designer/company, you should ask exactly what they will or won't do and ask for a breakdown of costs,

www.tradesman.ie
This site is not much good unless you live in Dublin. I checked a number of counties and there doesn't seem to be any tradesmen listed for them.