Replacing floor tiles

lamb

Hi all

I am thinking about replacing my floor tiles in the hall as they are beginning to show there age... I can't tile over them as the floor level would be to high for the rest of the door openings. I was think of getting a kango with a chisel bit and lifting them by this method? Is there an easier way?

Couple of options open to you.

You could buy a "Mutt" from your local hardware store and lift them. Still leaves you with ridges from adhesive . This can be scraped off with mutt(time consuming and extremely laborious) or just pour a self levelling compound over. you will gain a couple of mm height this way.

As it is just the hallway kango might be ok option as dusk can be restricted by closing all access doors.

Easiest option is tile over existing floor and just shave 10mm or whatever from bottom of doors

Nah lift them you'll be glad, cutting doors is a nuisance I think. There are ways to lift tiles off. This isnt being smart but ask in the tile shops as they seem to know whats best in there. Even give them a call and ask.

Most tilers including myself, will not remove tiles, some will but will charge same rate as laying them. You could get a chippy or bring doors to local sawmill for about €10-20 a door

Back