Replacing electric cooker ring

C

Corrie

Hi..I'm just wondering if it is possible/easy to replace the ring of an electric cooker (hubby quite handy but dont want to kill him off just yet) without calling in an electrician? The cooker is already 10 years old so dont want to spend a fortune on something that might be better replaced for new model (hope husband is not thinking same with regards to me). Would appreciate advice..Thanks Corrie

It depends if you can buy the spare part required and how confident you are about doing the job.

From memory, and it would be worth checking any instructions that came with the cooker if you have them, switch off the power to the cooker - at the mains if necessary - it then involves undoing a screw fixing and unplugging the ring. Replacement is simply the reverse process.
I would emphasise that you need to be careful during the whole process.

good luck

Many Thanks BillK..will advise husband accordingly and let you know how we get on..Corrie

I have changed a couple on our electrolux cooker hob.
Difficult part was sourcing the spare part, the new hob ring.

Then, just make sure you turn the power off. Clean up around the ring. Unscrew the ring, pull old ring off contact. Slide new ring on contact. Screw in. Pretty simple.