Replacing dishwasher basket

shaking

The cutlery basket in our dishwasher has worn away it's got a few holes in it and the cutlery is falling through. It's an integrated machine with no brand name on it any idea where I could source one?

Power City or any dishwasher spares shop. If you're in Dublin the one in North Frederick Street has them.

Or you could do what my mother did, go to your local recycling centre and take one out of a fridge that's being dumped. I know outside Power city in Finglas for example there's usually a mountain of fridges waiting to be recycled.

Or you could do what my mother did, go to your local recycling centre and take one out of a fridge that's being dumped. I know outside Power city in Finglas for example there's usually a mountain of fridges waiting to be recycled.

Or out of a dishwasher even - it would probably fit better

Great thanks for the replies I'll try powercity and if they dont have I'll call mastercare.

mssmyth don't think I'd find a dishwasher basket in a fridge

There's a little kiosk in Stillorgan Shopping centre that sells electrical spare parts. I got a dishwasher cutlery basket there about a year ago.

Perhaps a silly question but are they different sizes? I've one of those narrower ones for less place sittings than a family sized one and the cutlery basket has a hole in it.

Great thanks for the replies I'll try powercity and if they dont have I'll call mastercare.

mssmyth don't think I'd find a dishwasher basket in a fridge

sorry, meant to obviously say dishwasher not fridge

Powercity on the greenhills road in Tallaght definitely have them, they are a rectangular shape and mine cost me 8 euro

My dishwasher repair man once gave me a valuable piece of advice, that you should always put the cutlery in these baskets SLOWLY, rather than do what most people do and drop them in from a height! The basket does become weaker over time, and dropping things in to them simply breaks the mesh at the bottom. A simple point really!